Saturday, October 02, 2010

Peace Be With You, Sometimes (Viewer Discretion is not Advised, but it is Stated)

We've got to search for peace


Days such as today make me wish I could express myself through violence without having to feel remorseful about it during and afterward. It is not that I am angry or that I have been hurt and an accumulation of these regressive feelings are motivating and coercing my actions to induce pain and suffering  onto others in a sort of blinding revengeful spite, although I would not rule out the reason of mentally challenged. Mentally challenged, yes. I believe that may be the cause. What disorder may I be afflicted by? Only the realization of the contradiction, hypocrisy, and irony that is bound to every one of our resolutions and hopes. I love us, don't mistake me. It is just that sometimes I feel we tend to get everything backwards feeling that by our backward reasoning we are moving forwards but truly we are just remaining stagnant like a piece of art whose temporal significance is the only part of it that ever evolves, in terms of its value, but never the work itself. In fact our misconstruction of our lives is more like an unfinished mural that has been interrupted by the darkness of nightfall, and the next morning when we return to our work we lose the same idealistic attachment that motivated us the day before, but we continue our work on it regardless since it would be a shame to throw whatever it was that was so beautiful yesterday away without at the very least trying to salvage the beauty that could have been; if only we hadn't stopped last night. If only we had not started at all.

This is what I am referring to:





I'm not so sure if this is even an official day on the calendar. I'm also not so convinced with the message it is sending.  When you are trying to communicate to the world what the world needs, is one day truly sufficient? These one day observations are pointless. If you really want to legislate peace for the the world then don't pour all of your efforts into one single day, especially when one day is never shared by the entire globe.

Got to fill in the gaps of violence before we cement it over with peace
Why do we allow ourselves loopholes? Is it that with more people falling into the hole we can finally suffice enough space to begin clogging it with cement? When creating roads, they place crushed stones into the metallic divisions before placing the actual cement pavement on top and spreading it evenly across the entire area that will eventually become the road, so that one day people will be able to move forward on that path. It seems infrastructural engineering applies to world peace as well. When we observe for only one day, we accept that the rest of the year is an open field. I wonder how governments can solicit the denial of drugs, prostitution, theft, abuse, etc for the sake of domestic tranquility and satisfaction, yet allow national aggression on the global scale? I wonder why, as every nation despises violence, that violence isn't completely outlawed? We have internationally accepted rules of conduct for the practition of violence if one so chooses to commit and act of it, but nothing that really shuns it or officially bans it. I can see why it isn't officially banned, considering we live in a world that limits the survival of humans in certain regions, and when driven to desperation a human will eventually turn to violence as a last resort to ensure their survival. But doesn't the whole idea of peace revolve around the idea that these sort of rash actions never occur? If not, then what is peace if it doesn't include peace of mind? What is the purpose of preaching non violence?

1 comment: