If you were to consider all the various ways by which I have been able to entertain and maintain a stable brain (to some extent) from the list of vocations above, you would probably believe that with the amount of time I claim to be in possession of, I would have and should have become supremely efficient and skillful in just about every aspect of all of these crafts, but I have yet to be critiqued and know my standings as of yet. Regardless, it was in performing one of these methods of 'time pass' as it is known in India that I believe I not only became well practiced in the skills necessary to reap the highest amount of rewards while actively engaged in it, but I have also developed a completely new and quite 'handy' skill. The distinct assassin of time I speak of is the noble activity of reading. And it was by deep engagement in reading that I had inadvertently developed a brand new skill. See kids? Reading is good!
Well generally speaking, yes, reading is great, not just good. But if you are a responsible and respectable citizen of modern society, you may be confused by the new found connotation about the important benefits of reading that I imply when I tell you that what I joyfully learned, and in all manners of honesty, greedily earned from reading was not the typical habit or positive productive improvement to the individual that an elementary school teacher might try to galvanize in their young students for the benefit of all. What I learned indirectly from my intensive reading regiment was how to steal more books for further reading. And it was through the principles that I am to speak of now that I have been guided towards success in just about every attempt so far.
Whatever reason you have accepted as justification for your decision to steal does not appeal to my concern at all, and to clarify why I ever had taken up this detestable profession was due to the fact that the money required to purchase these precious items had been dispersed amongst the poor, leaving me fairly equal to them in terms of fiscal worth. It does not justify the act, nor do I claim it to. I only lay these principles down for the hope that it adds a bit of class to an otherwise classless vocation; and also out of boredom. The credibility required of me for you to trust in the value of these principles is only provable by the amount of needless words I have injected into this log, so if you're are feeling a bit skeptical, so be it. Only through experimentation will one be able to truly appreciate what I have personally experienced. Therefore without further hindrance by syntax, let me begin by finally laying down the four fundamental principles to reaping the greatest rewards out of any attempt of the theft of any item:
1. The value of the stolen item is not derived from its actual market price, but from the technical difficulty of the swindle and the amount of risk involved.
![]() |
| Technical Difficulty |
2. More of your attention can be allocated to the target when little attention is placed on you.
Simply put, avoid attention from anyone. Clandestine operation is the principle craft required of any thief. Use whatever strategic ruse that is correspondingly applicable to the scenario in order to diverge any attention whatsoever that could be placed directly on you. That also means, by every means, do not stand out. Wear, do, and say nothing that expresses your individuality as you are and must remain one of the million, not one in a million.
![]() |
| Only two eyes should be on you |
3. The less the amount of resources consumed during the process of theft, the more resources available to be dispersed in revelry and celebrations afterward.
Do not look upon this lightly! To meet the requirements that this principle suggests takes much practice. "Time is money" as they say, and so should you, a thief, believe. Reflection on success is just as important as the success itself, otherwise success is reduced to another common occasion of life, and that is definitely not the case for the most part as success is usually intermittent and insochronous to the collective amount of failures or overall work required to achieve it; therefore, use the least amount of effort in order to supplement the reward and make it that much more lustrous. Try not to waste time on hesitation, suspense, or drama.
![]() |
| Eat less now, more to eat later. Get it? |
4. Always show courtesy and humility, please.
Now these are more of general first-class traits that we should all show at all times regardless of vocation, but I believe that it was thrice as much required by the men and women of a not so acceptable line of trade in order to compensate for the common agreement over its odiousness. It may sound hypocritical, but gentility, especially when genuine, is always appreciated, unless enacted on a cynic.
![]() |
| You can still have class even though you perform horrible acts. |
Now it is imperative on my part to cement in your mind that there are no favorable odds when it comes to success and failure. It is a matter of either yes you accomplished the task or no you did not. Always ruminate on the risks beforehand. Here in India I have had much success as this is a place where the price of lost and missing items are a preferable sacrifice as to that of the cost of security cameras and enclosed spaces and the constant maintenance and cost of preservation of both. Though I have through experience had success in a few bookstores in the States, there is a much higher risk involved and it is impossible to use the excuse of stupidity as a defense, as is possible here, and to get away with the title confirmed with a slap on the cheek in the street rather than tattooed on your forehead in prison (depending on just how much you had tried to get away with).Quite literally in India, as I have been a first hand participant and know, one must drag the transgressor to the local police officer, wherever the drat may be, who rarely does anything at all even when the convict is placed before him. Insults and taunts are usually the only fine. This is typically not the case in western nations, so be aware. Good luck to those with bad hands!




No comments:
Post a Comment